- Relax and have fun.
- You may place your valuables in Volunteer area.
- Find and put on an apron and your name tag.
- Make a walk around the sale to get to know the layout.
- Set-up the racks and signage. (see map on location)
- Set-up 12 check-in tables.
- Assemble and place block signs on tables and floor.
- Hang size dividers on racks.
- Organize consignor pre-shop tickets.
- Help Check-in and sort through Items.
- If they want their unsold items returned they must leave a tub.
- Go through everything no matter how long it takes.
- Ask yourself, “Would I buy this item?”
- Be sure tags are secure and filled out properly.
- Everything must be clean and in good working order.
- Direct and help consignors place items in correct order on the floor. If tems are in the wrong location shoppers will not find them.
- Electronic items over $50 must be viewed by Alison.
- Send any un-qualified items home with the consignor.
- Consignor’s may clean\repair and return the item(s).
Consignor Drop-Off - What to Look For
- Everything must be on hangers to the left to make a question mark. ?
- Be sure all buttons, zippers, snaps, ties are present and work.
- NO STAINS, little wear and tear.
- Tags must be safety pinned to the upper right hand corner of the item. No straight pins! OUCH!!
- No socks or underwear are accepted.
- All items must be assembled and be in good working order.
- Check for expiration dates on car seats and cribs. They must be less than 5 years old.
- All items must have all parts securely attached. Kid Proof!
- Items must have working batteries.
- No VHS tapes or R rated videos.
- Stuffed animals must do something.
- Only Unopened and unexpired baby formula accepted.
- No breast pumps.
- Tear consignor tags at dotted line and place each customers tickets in a plastic container.
- Clothes are bagged with the hangers.
- Bag all items.
- Include next sale date flier in bag or hand to shopper.
- Re-sort, re-straighten, re-organize, re-hang items on tables and racks.
- Assist customers: Show them to the hold tables if necessary; attach sold signs; label their items with name, phone number and time of pickup for later retrieval. We
cannot keep things past 6:00p.
- Watch “hold” tables, re-hang abandoned or unmarked items.
- Double check to be sure we know which consignors want their items donated and which want their items returned.
- Organize, by number, consignors bins out in the gym.
- Hang consignor numbers who wish to donate their items on the wall over the donation section.
- Sort remaining inventory into “consignors numbered tubs” or “charitable” donation section.
- Take down all signs to be used for the next sale.
- Un-assemble racks.
Relax and have fun!!!